Date/Time: May 30, 2023 (12-1PM ET / 9-10AM PT / 6-7PM CEST)
Urgent action is required to decarbonize the power sector in order to minimize global temperature rise to 1.5 degrees Celsius. Decarbonization within the supply chains play a critical role in realizing this ambitions. As a result, efforts are being made to have the power sector reach net-zero by 2040, as decarbonizing the power sector will enable other sectors to do the same.
The Global Alliance for Sustainable Energy is working toward achieving the Paris Accord’s ambition to avoid the harshest impacts of climate change on both people and planet.
In this webcast, learn how the Global Alliance for Sustainable Energy aims to accelerate a just transition to net-zero. In this 1-hour long webcast, you’ll further learn:
• A view of how key players within the Global Alliance for Sustainable Energy are working towards enabling the transition to fully sustainable energy across the entire value chain;
• The findings and commitments of the industrial members of the Alliance detailed in their recently published Net-Zero position paper and pledge;
• How utilities and suppliers can work together to decarbonize the entire energy sector;
• Among other themes related to Circular Design Criteria.
Moderator: Sarah Golden, VP, Energy, GreenBiz Group
• Giovanni Tula, Head of Sustainability at Enel Green Power and Executive Committee member of the Global Alliance for Sustainable Energy
• Monica Oviedo, Iberdrola Head of Sustainability Management and Chair of Net Zero/Decarbonization Working Group of the Alliance.
• Oluwadabira Abiola-Awe, Student Energy’s Ventures and Capital Campaign Associate, Advisory member of the Alliance.